Monday, March 2, 2009

My Last Day in Israel - Planning Our Congregational Family Trip

This morning I woke up feeling bittersweet, sad as always to be leaving Eretz Yisrael, but looking forward to getting home to my family (a week away was starting to feel very long, even with skype to keep us connected).

This morning was spent with an "Israel Educator" and a prospective guide planning our December Congregational Family Trip to Israel. As a result of these conversations, I have many new and exciting ideas for things we might include this trip that were not a part of the last. Among the ideas we discussed were:

  • Touring Old Jaffa and its colorful, outdoor mid-eastern market, Shuk Hapishpishim
  • Learning about water resources in Israel on a bicycle tour along the Yarkon River
  • Visiting with members of the Ethiopian community in Rishon Letzion
  • Enjoying a very special dinner, served by deaf waiters who will teach you sign language, followed by Na Laga’at, a unique play performed by actors who are both deaf and blind
  • Exploring the synagogues, courtyards, and shops of the mystical city of Tzefat
  • Shabbat in Jerusalem
  • Ascending Masada
  • Enjoying a walk through the beautiful Ein Gedi nature reserve and stopping for a dip and mud baths at the amazing Dead Sea
  • An optional visit to Petra in Jordan to explore the amazing decorated red rock formations of the ancient Nabateans featured in the 3rd Indiana Jones Movie

The possibilities are endless; Israel offers so much! The ultimate itinerary for the trip will be based on the final make up of our group. There will be something for everyone in what will most certainly be a once in a lifetime trip filled with meaning, history, connection, spiritual energy and, most of all, fun. Please watch your e-mail for details.

Each time I leave Israel, I do so in anticipation of my next return visit. I look forward to having you with me when I next make my way to our spiritual homeland.

No comments:

Post a Comment